DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT! XO LAURA »

Monday, August 22, 2011

We'll keep our hearts close, and remember those memories for eternity.n

I've had a great summer. I know it's not over yet, but it truly feels like it.
I'm so overwhelmed. Just wow.
I've met so many new lovely people, reunited with the old.
Seen so many new countries & places, new impressions, new views on the world.
I think this summer has done me good in so many ways.
I'm just going to recap:

June 3rd: Bye school.
June 6th: Hello Holland!
- Pinkpop! Wow, just wow.
June 12th: Hello Prague!
June 18th: Hello Vienna!
June 24th: Back in Holland
- Saw allmost all of my lovely friends
- Had a week alone with dad (this has never happened before)
July 15th: USA baby
- Party hopping
- Swimming pool crashing
- U2 concert
- Tennis
- Reading
August 5th: Back in Europa
- France, St Paul de Vence.
- Holland
- Saw all of my best friends.

Now, August 22nd:
Sitting here, sorta sad, because I had a great 3 days with my friend Lonneke. We wrote & composed a song together. It sounds awesome. It's kinda funny because I met her during a camp in Scotland, and she lives on the other side of the Netherlands and we only see each other 3 days out of the year, which makes our friendship so special. We have so much in common, including our passion for music.

So, I am just sitting here, my brain exploding when thinking about this amazing, crazy summer. So many memories, summer 2011, I know that when I'm 30 having a midlife crisis, I will be crying for nights wanting to go back to 2011. But the people I need to thank the most are my parents. They have made my life so beautiful and filled with all these wonderful opportunities.

Am I excited for school?
No. Sorry to say, but I love my freedom right now and do not want to think about being at boarding school again. So closed off from the world. And I like boys. Don't want to miss them anymore. Oh well, once I step back into the nunnery I am sure I'll be back in the hang of things and with my nose in the books. High Honors for 3 terms is my goal. Reachable? No doubt. My healthy vegan lifestyle will get back on track, and I have to say that I am excited for the fall drama production. Greatness. Yes.

I have trouble saying goodbye
To memories
These times flying by


Swimming in the moonlight
Writing songs
Street artists in my eyesight


The colors
The music
The culture
The freedom.


I have trouble saying goodbye.

Hey little poet hiding in me, how are ya doing?





3 comments:

flipina said...

super mooi gedichtje, ik lees altijd met plezier je berichten, omg dat klinkt best vaag :O!
Ik schrijf wel een poem voor je
She had a smile
but her eyes were trouble
She stays there
Standing in the midle
The midle of life
Want no back
And no future
Tomorrow isn't what she want
Only the summersun on her hair and friends
But why so sad
Your friends are always in the heart
Cause ur mind won't fly away...
But It will go to ur inside love...

Niet echt mooi maar ja... Wie zegt dat alles perfect is ;) Ik had een nogal vreemde zomer...

Kisses
Flipina or someone else

BeHappy said...

Je kan echt heel mooi schrijven!

Irini said...

Hee Laura, <3

ik heb net alle posts van je blog gelezen, haha.
Echt leuk, ik wil ook een jaar school in the USA doen :)
Nu zit je dus nog steeds op die school? Ga je uiteindelijk terug naar je oude school in Nederland?
En welk niveau doe je? :$

xoxo

x