DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT! XO LAURA »

Friday, November 19, 2010

And I am back, after a fantastic fall term.

I’M BACK.
Not only on my blog (which I have sadly abandoned for a little while, due to school, exams and other time consuming business), but I am back. IN HOLLANDIA!
I have been dreaming about PEPERNOTEN and STROOPWAFELS and even mills. And tulips. And wooden shoes (although no one wears them). I was just looking forward to come back. I love the states too though, and I got all of you a lot to tell about my experiences up till now.

So I have finished my Fall Term. I just had my final exams, which I am not really sure about… They were all pretty difficult.. And a lot has happened: I had my first Dunkin’ Donut, I learned 2 new sports, I discovered that I actually love to draw, I made new, wonderful, awesomely cool friends (which I will tell you a lot about!), I increased my piano and harp skills, and many more things!

So I just want to emphasize how much I LOVE the school system and spirit here in the USA! Every one is proud of their school, and wears their school’s shirt everyday, or sweatshirts, sweatpants, stickers, caps, scarves, shorts, etc. Especially at sports games everyone is crazy about their school. I absolutely love football games. There are so many hot guys running around the field and you meet new people, plus cheering on your favorite team is fun too. I just love how everyone supports each other at my school. When our Field Hockey Team, for example, loses, we stick together, and the next game, even more people will cheer them on!! That’s how we help each other, and it definitely keeps the school spirit up.

I also love how we get the opportunities to try new sports. I learned how to play Volleyball, and recently, I have started playing squash, which I absolutely LOVE!!
I love how, even if you are not that athletic, you have choices too: Rock climbing, Outdoors, Yoga, Zumba, Fitness And Weight Training, etc. I also was in the fall drama production: “Thoroughly Modern Millie”, in which I got to express myself as so many different kinds of characters! I played a 1920’s girl, a cleaning lady, a guy, and.. The New Millie. I had so much fun being so many different characters, and I got really close to the cast. Which makes me think about something else I love: how kind and open everyone is! Although I am a Freshman, I have Sophomore, Junior and Senior friends! No one really cares that I am a couple of years younger. I so much appreciate everyone’s kindness, which makes me feel so much at home at school. Instead of school being boring, or a struggle, it’s fun, exciting, and the teachers also really want to help!!!!

This term I also took an arts class. During this class, I discovered that I really do have a passion for art. I will post some pictures soon, of all the works I’ve done so far. I really love that I am discovering new things here, which I might not have discovered anywhere’s else.

And my friends. I could go on and on, I love them all so much. A, has lived in Holland for like 6 years herself, and whenever we talk about it together, we both agree on the thing we miss most: STROOPWAFELS. No really, we love them. V, who is going to be my new roommate in the winter, I love this girl. M, I HAVE SO MUCH FUN WITH HER IN FRENCH! U guys don’t even know… She’s so funny. E, who is going to take a Dutch language course in order to be able to talk in Dutch with me! E, who gives the best hugs ever ☺ And so on and on.

I do miss all of my friends in Holland a lot. I really do. I just love it in the USA, but I am missing certain things about Holland too.

I promise, and I really do,

I’ll update this blog way more, with photo’s, vid’s, funny quotes, links to other great blogs etc.

3 comments:

SMD said...

really interesting! I just started a new school too and it is hard to adjust at first. its really cool that you lived in holland!
http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

SMD said...

really interesting!I started a new school too and it's hard to adjust. Its so cool that you lived in Holland!
http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

Ellinor Forje said...

Art like classes can really change someones life. I agree with your post on Holland too. Feel free to visit me too when you have time.

Cheers.