DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT! XO LAURA »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Gum trauma

Because of bad-hair-days, lost bicycle keys and forgotten books, I tend to get in late at school many times. And well, this has it's consequences. Today I needed to go to school, while everyone had vacation to make up 3 hours because I came in late so often. I thought to be smart, and to take my new addiction -Pretty Little Liars- books with me, so I could read myself through the 3 hours. After 25 minutes of biking through -surprisingly- beautiful weather, I got the message that I was not supposed to sit in detention for 3 hours, no, I was supposed to do jobs in and around the school. Yay.

And of course, Laura gets cursed with the worst job to possibly think of: scraping gum off off the carpet flooring in the music rooms. I got a little scraper and a special spray to remove gum, and there I went. I located myself down on the floor and started spraying the first piece of gum I saw, which wasn't very hard, because the entire floor was covered with it. And then I started scraping. And scraping. And scraping. And it wouldn't come off. I started hitting the gum with my scraper, which didn't work, I scraped even harder and harder. But nothing let loose, so I gave up. I started to scrape other pieces of gum, when I realised some things:

- chewing gum is IMPOSSIBLE to remove
- chewing gum is never properly thrown away in a trash bin, NO, everyone decides to stick it to the    ground, so I can scrape it off again.
- chewing gum smells when it has been sitting on the ground for a couple of months.
- chewing gum sticks into your hair, and then you need to cut it off!

And because I needed to scrape all of this yucky stuff, I also realized that I did not want to see another piece of chewing gum in my entire life. Except for AQUA KISS! I die for that chewing gum, its sooo good! So: bye bubblelicious, bye mentos chewinggum, bye sportlife, bye stimorol, GOODBYE CHEWING GUM!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

o laura, waar nestel jij jezelf nóu weer in! haha, volgend schooljaar dan maar wel op tijd komen?

mvg,

barbara van der brugge

Anonymous said...

slim laura :P

je steina dancer(L) said...

hhahahah gekie ben je toch ook!
xxxxxx