DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT! XO LAURA »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Goodbye Again

This week went so fast. Way to fast.
And I am writing this blog from the USA again, while munching on a *stroopwafel.
I'm glad I bought 7 packs of stroopwafels, so I'll be fine on those for a while. What I did notice when stepping off of the plane yesterday, is that its not as cold here in the USA !! :)
Happy me. I hate cold.

When thinking about it, I have done a lot this past week: I've seen a lot of my friends (not all, unfortunately..), I saw **Sinterklaas, I had a lot of ***pepernoten, and yes: I rode on my bike.
I felt like a real Dutchy again :). And now I have to adjust on being an American. O well, best of both worlds! I love my school, and my friends here. I love the donuts. I love the weather. I love my music lessons here. So I am glad to be back as well.

After going back and forth for the first time between the two countries, I feel that I have two nationalities, I feel completely at home in both countries, and I miss them both when I am not there. It's weird, but every place has its ups and downs. I'll keep all of you posted more then ever on my adventures in the USA !



* stroopwafel: dutch syrup cookie
** sinterklaas: it's a dutch saint who comes to holland for two weeks in november, (+ beginning of december), and he gives presents to all of the dutch children and hands out candy.
*** pepernoten: the type of candy sinterklaas hands out, it's delicious :)



p.s. Don't you guys love the fact that Christmas is coming closer every day? I loooooove CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: