DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT! XO LAURA »

Friday, April 9, 2010

Biking is not cool

When I tell foreign people that I bike every morning to school, they all are like: " That's sooooooooooooo cool!" With this post, I would like to make clear that biking to school every morning is not cool.

I arrived at the all girls school that I am going to attend, for a so called revisit day. I had to wear this name badge which had my name and country on it. And when people's eyes catch the word THE NETHERLANDS, they get totally excited. An example:

person: "O MY GOD. Are you from .. THE NETHERLANDS?!?!"
laura  : " Yes, I am. :-) "
person: "That's like sooooooooooo cool."
laura  : "Yeah, it's nice. "
person: "Can you show me the sex street in Amsterdam?"
laura  : " Excuse me, sex street?" 
person: " Yeaaaaah, or can you introduce me to a drug dealer?"
laura  : " Ehm, no." 
person: " Haha, just joking."
laura  : " I bet you are."
person: " Do you like, BIKE everywhere?" 
laura  : "Uhm, mostly, yes."
person: " That's like, soooooooooooo cool."
laura  : "No, it's not."

Why is Holland soooooo cool? It always rains and is covered with ugly houses and other buildings. But Holland also has its positive sides, which I will discuss in other posts. But what I really don't like is biking.
IT'S ALWAYS RAINY IN HOLLAND!
And because it is this way, I don't like biking. But there are many other reasons.



Around 8 am, just awake a small hour, you need to bike to school. When you go and sit on your bicycle, the saddle is always wet, cold, or both. And when it has been freezing in the night, you have this beautiful layer of ice on it. Jippee! When you're biking, the wind is always blowing in the wrong direction,  it will start raining really hard and just that day, you decided to wear a white pair of pants. I think that you'll know what the consequences are. When you get at school, you have to find a place to put your bicycle, and of course, it is always packed (that's what you need to deal with when attending a school counting 1900 students). And there are many other things that I have experienced on my bicycle which I think every Dutch student can relate to!


This article will definitely be continued!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello laura,
you are such a funny girl. i love the humor that you have in your blogs! i am a fan of you already. can't wait to read more :-)

Rosan said...

haha
ja, geef mij de bus maar hoor.

iza said...

ik ga je missen joh ! xiza

Rosan said...

hahaha.
Ik heb volgensmij iedere blog bekeken van het hele web! haha. Nee, maar ik zag het bij Mireya haar twitter staan: 'blog kijken van laura' en ja.. dan word ik nieuwsgierig, en dan móet ik kijken. haha, dus vandaar ;) en en en, ik ga met katie om :D

wazma said...

Wauwie lucky girl, we gaan je wel missen maar Amerika is tof!
Je bent dus goed bezig!;)

xoxo.

Unknown said...

i love it xxxx

Iris van Rooijen said...

laura schatje, deze blog is echt geweldig. Ik ben echt ontzettend blij voor je, maar ik ga je missen, ook al zien we elkaar bijna niet meer. Deze blog is ook echt zo ontzettend jou, dat zie je door het schrijven heen. En jaa, dat klinkt raar >< Trouwe lezer nummer 1 zit hier.

xxxxxxxxxx.